Experience the biggest and best 4th of July Celebration in the state at Wamego’s celebration. Our small town tradition spans more than 141 years with the largest and longest running Independence Day parade in the state and the largest and most intense fire works display in the Midwest. Independence Day lasts longer than just one day in Wamego.
The town swells to more than triple its normal size during the multi-day celebration, which includes a parade, a carnival, and antique tractor and car shows. The party is capped off with one of the state’s largest fireworks displays beginning at 10 pm on the Fourth.
June 30 - July 4, 2012
This Year's Events
- 141st Annual Wamego Independence Day Parade
- Fireworks Show (voted #1 in the State!)
- Carnival / Ottaway Amusement Rides
- 38th Annual Walter P. Chrysler Auto Show
- 27th Annual Kaw Valley Antique Engine, Truck and Tractor Club Show
- Wamego Historical Society Ice Cream Social
- Wamego Community Band Concert
- Dunk Tank: proceeds to benefit Wamego Fire Dept. Auxiliary
- First United Methodist Church Pork Sandwich and Homemade Pie Dinner & Patriotic Concert
- Pottawatomie County Republicans
Free water & meet the candidates after parade
- 1st Infantry Divison Band concert at Wamego Recreation Complex before fireworks
Want a reserved parking spot inside the complex?
Follow the Wamego Fireworks Show
To sponsor the parade, join the parade or just to find out what’s going on when, contact the Wamego Chamber of Commerce / Mainstreet for more information.
Wamego Chamber of Commerce/Mainstreet
Wamego, KS 66547